Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Ten

1. Father's Day weekend was a blast.

2. On Saturday, my family "daddy-napped" me, and took me to Branson Landing for lunch at Famous Dave's. Can't beat good BBQ.

3. We also had some ice cream next door at The Fudgery. Met a woman behind the counter who was very generous.

4. We wandered around Branson Landing for a couple of hours enjoying a beautiful Ozarks afternoon.

5. Father's Day kept the good stuff coming. My kids each made me homemade cards. Oddly, they all had a Star Wars theme to them...or in part of them.

6. My wife and kids then followed that up by giving me a t-shirt with the kids' hand prints on it.

7. And, they topped it off with homemade Oreo-pudding pie.

8. Today, I start my new diet and weight loss plan: Couch to 5K.

9. Last week was also great for golf. Monday at Highland Springs. Friday at Horton Smith. All as a work representative. Translation: FREE GOLF!!!

10. I brought my golf game to church on Sunday. As head parking lot greeter, our pastor joins me before the first service to wave at people coming onto the lot. I brought a driver and some junk golf balls to whack around. Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment