Thursday, February 9, 2012

Three Useful Droid Apps

I've had a Droid Incredible for nearly two years, now running the Android v.2.3.4 OS. I've had a pretty enjoyable experience with my phone.

From time to time, I'll present some useful apps I use on my devices. Today, three very useful apps.

Advanced Task Killer (Free)

This is a rather simplistic app. It's only function is to close running apps on your device.

Not very glamorous, I know, but it is very useful. I primarily use it when my phone starts to show signs that a lot of processes are hampering the processor.

Oh, and its FREE. Of course, there's a paid version, but the free one works just fine.

Hootsuite

There are several apps that perform similar functions, and others may be better. But, I started using Hootsuite last year, and like its ease of use for posting to multiple platforms, as well as browsing those platforms.

It seems best at browsing Twitter, and not so great at Facebook. Fortunately, there's a Facebook app for that.

And, it's free.

Vlingo

When the iPhone 4gs was released, the Siri app was an instant hit. But, Android already had a Siri-like app on the market, Vlingo.

Vlingo has proven to be very good at voice recognition, even better Google's default recognition engine. It doesn't talk back, like Siri, but does many of the same functions.

And, it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment