Friday, May 22, 2009

Open Letter To Veterans

Thank you to the veterans of our military. Your service to this nation is thing I respect greatly, mostly because I never had the opportunity. I admire your courage and bravery.

I know there are some of you that are a bit dismayed that many of this nation's citizens will pass through this coming weekend without giving a thought to the sacrifice you and your fellow service members have made. Yes, there are some citizens who have the extended weekend, parties, the start of summer or barbeques on the mind. I understand your frustration.

I also know there is a loud minority out there that dispise your service to this country. Yes, they may give lip service when peer pressure demands it, but at other times they talk of the evils of the military. They don't deserve the gift you gave us all.

But, rest in this. Those who forget what this weekend stands for, and those who despise it would not have the opportunity to do so if you hadn't been there to fight for our country's freedom. And, we wouldn't have had this weekend if some of you hadn't given the ultimate sacrifice so that we can be free today.

I salute and honor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment