Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Book Review: Fearless by Max Lucado

I have always been a fan of Max Lucado's writings, and when word surfaced that his newest effort was entitled "Fearless," I had a hunch that this book was going to be a timely one. My assessment was dead on.

In a world that seems to be spinning out of control at times, fear is at an all-time high. We're fearful of the next stock market hiccup, illness or pink slip. But, Lucado encourages us through example and scripture that hope is right around the corner.

Fearless is an emotion-packed book that I imagine most people can relate to. Personally, I saw myself, and the people around me in several of the chapters. Fear can be an intimidating foe. It can cripple the strongest men, keep people from a good night's rest, and is the leading cause of economic instability.

Yet, we don't have to live in a constant state of fear, especially those who are Christ followers. Jesus paved the road to end the epidemic of fear. More than once, He encouraged those around Him not to be afraid.

Part of the journey of faith Christians make involves overcoming the obstical of fear and worry. I highly recommend "Fearless" as a must read for anyone who is going through frightening and difficult times.

For a sneak peak at the book, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment