Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Ten

1. The human body's ability to adapt is very strange. After months of cold, bitter winter, a weekend in the 40s and 50s feels wonderful. But, in three months, 40s and 50s will feel cold and bitter.

2. Speaking of the desire for warmer weather, Major League Baseball's spring training is underway, AND the college baseball season began this past weekend for the Missouri State Bears and Missouri Tigers. The Bears went 0-3 and the Tigers were 2-1 in weekend action.

3. I love baseball. Of all the great sports in the world, baseball is my favorite. I'm looking forward to the start of the high school season, and taking my kids to see our high school team play.

4. Round One of swim lessons concluded for our boys this weekend. We're going to give them another dose, plus lots of visits to the pool before summer. They love the indoor pool at our local gym.

5. My wife is taking swim lessons too, and doing a wonderful job.

6. I learned how to swim as a kid, but probably could use a refresher. However, my main focus is weight loss, right now. Swimming can come later.

7. My weight loss plan is simple: two parts eating and one part exercise. In other words, Eating: (1) I need to NOT go back for seconds and (2) make better choices of what I put on my plate; Exercise: I just need to get some on a regular basis.

8. Major life decisions are on the horizon, but I don't have a clue what they might be. I know that's a vague comment, but it's the reality of the situation.

9. This is going to be a busy week at work. Two things are going to make it challenging. First, I'm taking off Thursday to take care of some personal business. Second, the Baptist Bible College Patriots begin post-season basketball play. This year's men's team has the talent to make it to the national NCCAA tournament.

10. Speaking of Patriot basketball, I had the opportunity to work the broadcast of a game last week. It reminded me of how much I miss doing play-by-play.

No comments:

Post a Comment