Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Ten

1. It has been a wild couple of weeks, filled mostly with vacation time, hence the lack of blogging.

2. For our vacation, we went to Kansas City. Had good times at Worlds of Fun, The K.C. Zoo, Union Station, Crown Center and more.

3. We stayed in Overland Park, and while there we visited a dying shopping mall. It was a sad place. Two anchor stores were still there, and not much else. It reminded me of the North Town Mall before it closed down here.

4. One oddity in that mall. A woman was selling cats that she had rescued. They were presumed to be abandoned or abused. I say presumed, because for all I know, she might've picked them up off the street to sell in her store. Here's the odd part: A sign out front was requesting donations of cat food. But, inside the store, this lady ways trying to pawn cats for $100 - $150. Smelled like a scam to me.

5. It was good to get away from the house for a few days, but it was also good to return. Now, we're getting back into school mode and regular life.

6. I always post something about church from the past weekend, and this weekend was exceptional. North Point Church's 2nd Saturday event this month was a Back 2 School bash. A thousand kids from low-income homes were invited to get new shoes, socks, underware, a toy, haircuts, medical and dental exams and groceries. My oldest son and I worked the toy table. That was fun.

7. Also exceptional at NPC were this weekend's services. We're doing a two week vision series, and this past weekend saw the initial plans revealed for North Point's new video campus. It'll be located in an abandoned nightclub on East Sunshine Street in Springfield. Tentative launch date is the second weekend in January 2011.

8. My wife and I had the chance to take in a video campus service at another church recently. There isn't much different in a video campus than at the live campus. Some people like to make a big deal out of not having a live speaker, but the teaching is still the same, the Bible is still the same, the impact is still the same. It's good!

9. As we get set for another school year, I commented to my wife last night that I don't really like the school year. For the next nine months, we will be confined to a school schedule. Everything will revolve around it.

10. Finally, as I wrap the Ten for this week, I'm going to be a captain for this year's Pregnancy Care Center Walk 4 Life. I'd appreciate your financial support when the time comes to raise funds.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived close enough to walk for the Pregnancy Care Center. I would do it in a heartbeat. Everytime I hear it mentioned on the radio, I wish I lived in Springfield. I hope you get a lot of walkers this year!

    ReplyDelete