Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Ten

1. This past week was a true whirlwind of activity. It was also a lot of fun.

2. The Southern Gospel Picnic at Silver Dollar City started last Thursday. As part of our involvement, the KWFC staff went to hand out fans on Friday. The KWFC fan is a very popular item with the peeps.

3. My family and I spent the weekend at the Grand Country Inn to make it a big weekend for us. The hotel is okay -- a typical one room, two bed type of room that served our needs for a sleeping place, but not much more. It was a far cry from the Chase Hotel we stayed at in Overland Park, Kansas, a few weeks ago, mainly due to the square feet available.

4. Part of the Grand Country stay included unlimited access to the Splash Country waterpark. Again, it was okay, but didn't live up to the hype they put into advertising. Even still, my kids had a blast, and I enjoyed the Lazy River (could've spent the whole day on an inner tube in that thing).

5. Sunday was our big day. My oldest son turned twelve, so we celebrated by going to Silver Dollar City. Beautiful weather, great time riding, and we discovered that my middle son is now tall enough to ride any ride except Wildfire on his own. He was super excited about that.

6. Came back home Sunday night for dinner at Cheddars and ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Good times.

7. By the way, I am hoping for some great deals from all the places I'm name dropping. It's probably wishful thinking, though.

8. In all, it was great to relax for a few days, and now it's time to return to another busy work week.

9. As an aside, our weekend getaway caused us to miss the new service schedule at North Point Church. Saturday night's are still the same, but a fourth service (video message) launched Sunday morning.

10. I'm also excited about the new Zone 45 for 4th and 5th grade kids. New room, bigger room, and tons of cool stuff for the kids. I missed the debut, but can't wait to experience it this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and your family had a great weekend! My dad and I went to see Gold City at the Music City Centre on Friday and then the Booth Brothers at SDC on Saturday! Both were great concerts!!

    ReplyDelete