Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Ten

1. I just realized that I hadn't posted anything new since September. That's because October has been super-busy. Sometimes, you have to develop some margin in your life. This blog was it.

2. Things are starting to slow down, so I'll hopefully be back with more postings.

3. My wife celebrated her ...-something birthday this past week. (Her age is for her to disclose.) We had a blast going to a dinner theatre show and boat cruise.

4. Saturday night church was very good, although my KidPoint class was chaotic. It must have been something in the air, because the guy who taught the class after me said his group was a bit unruly too.

5. Sunday was very productive. I had a wiring project that I've been planning for some time. I was able to get it done Sunday afternoon. It required an extended stay under my house. But, in the end, it was all good.

6. North Point Church had another connect.me event, and I gained five men for my mid-week men's group. That's a stark contrast to my first connect.me when I only gained one.

7. This week will be exciting. My wife and I have been invited to tour our church's new video campus, and hear from our pastor about the vision for the church.

8. For the past week, I have been listening to and digesting the messages from NewSpring Church's leadership conference. Check out the podcasts here.

9. At that conference, Francis Chan re-told something his wife had realized. It is our human nature to try and plan out our future with three, five or ten year plans. But, when you read the Bible, it seems perfectly normal that the people in the Bible didn't know what would happen next.

10. I'm planning on blogging this later in the week, but one of the things God is showing me right now is that working the hard things results in some of the best things.

No comments:

Post a Comment