Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Ten

1. It's the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR. Just had to get that off my chest. I'm lovin' the Christmas season right now.

2. Mizzou will play Iowa in the Insight Bowl. It's the football rivalry that could've been ... had the Big Ten offered expansion to Missouri. Instead, for Tiger fans it will be the "hey, at least this ain't the Holiday Bowl" bowl.

3. My fantasy football team will finish the regular season as the #3 team. Sadly, my team is currently playing like #2.

4. My wife and I have the majority of our Christmas shopping completed. Now, it's time for the wrapping.

5. I have three vacation days remaining in the year. So, I'm going to turn the next two weekends into extended ones.

6. One of the best things about this time of the year is what we do at our church. We go ALL OUT to make our Christmas services extra special and a lot of fun.

7. This year's Christmas Unplugged series (through two weeks) at North Point Church has already had 169 people declare their faith in Jesus. Christmas will be extra special for those folks this year.

8. I love my church, and really enjoy the people I get to volunteer with in the kids area and ushering.

9. This coming weekend will be awesome, again. The services at NPC will have our kids singing, and lasers lighting up the auditorium. Plus, 2nd Saturday is the annual Christmas extravaganza. We'll be giving out stuff to help needy families.

10. If you ever wandered if your church could tackle the problems in your community, the answer is "YES!" You should come check out some of NPC's community outreach activities, and see if you can make them your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment