Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday Ten

1. Christmas is over. I'm both glad and sad.

2. This was one of the best Christmas seasons ever for my wife and kids. We just had a good time all month long.

3. This Christmas season also had some sad moments. One of Rebekah's aunt's passed away earlier this year. The woman's husband dropped by for a visit a couple of weeks ago. You could see the pain in his eyes.

4. Christmas seems to get busier each year. I think we're at a tipping point in society. It's time to start scaling things back. Fewer presents. Less debt. Fewer parties. Lighter schedules. Too many people are stressed to the breaking point during December. Jesus didn't come to this planet to serve as the founder of the most stressful time of the year.

5. My family and I went to see the new Narnia movie on Christmas Day. "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" was very good, but having read the book, I noticed areas where the filmmakers left out parts of the book, combined others, and added stuff that wasn't in the novel. Even still, it was a good, exciting movie.

6. I hope they keep making the Narnia movies. There are still four books to go. I especially want to see movies for "The Silver Chair" and "The Last Battle."

7. With Christmas behind us, we've now returned to our normal playlist at KWFC. The change of pace is nice each December.

8. Christmas was almost ruined by ice this year. At 8 a.m. Christmas morning, the KWFC transmitter went off because of ice build up. We were fine by noon, though.

9. This week is a number crunching week at KWFC. Each year, I tabulate the top songs for our year-end countdown New Year's Eve night.

10. Next week's TEN will contain a list of goals I have for 2011. Goals are good to have. We should all take time to plan out our futures as best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment