Monday, July 20, 2009

What if it happened to you???

I have invited a guest blogger today -- my wife. The following is something she posted last week on her blog.

*****
I never knew until this last year how fast everything can change.
I never thought the morning of June 7, 2008, that I was going to be in a horrible accident. It was just any other day up until I was run off the road and rolled my van 3 times. In a few second my life was changed forever. It was very hard last year getting through all that, but with God's help I made it through just fine.

Last year my Father-In-Law was diagnosed with lung cancer. He has several miracles that I will talk more about another day, but he completely believed God was going to take care of him and he did. He had his lung surgery last summer and has been cancer free since. I'm sure he would tell you that God was there with him through the whole thing.

Just a little over a week ago my aunt Linda was running miles a day and living out her very happy life and the next day she finds out she has a brain tumor and lung cancer and instantly her life has changed. She is now fighting for her life. She is a very strong lady because she puts all her faith in God and is completely leaning on him.

Kyle and I passed a really bad wreck last weekend. Two cars had hit head on. One of the young men died and the other young man is in critical condition. The young man that was critically injured was on his way to work and i"m sure he never thought he would almost lose his life that day.

The reason I told you these things is because we never know what will happen even a second from now. Do you know where you will spend eternity? If you think well those things won't happen to me then think again because they can. Today take time to make Jesus Christ your lord and savior. If you put your life in Jesus hands you don't have to worry about what is around the corner. Even if you get horrible news you can face anything with God on your side. He will be there with you no matter what and loves you more than you can imagine. He never promised we wouldn't have hard times, but he does promise he will be there with us no matter what happens.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment