Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Ten

1. I am glad it is Monday. The kids' behavior made me say that.

2. My wife is dreading summer break. Again, the kids' behavior this weekend reminded her of that.

3. I don't know what it was - perhaps something in the air - but, every child I met this weekend had a touch of the devil in them...and the girls were the worst.

4. My in-laws come for lunch yesterday. It was the first time I had ever grilled for them. The burgers were some of the best I have ever made.

5. By the way, charcoal kicks the pants off of gas grilling, but you have to really love your food since charcoal takes longer.

6. A friend of mine from North Point Church spoke last evening to the youth (and a lot of adults) at my parents' church in Mountain Grove. They all enjoyed Brandon Beck (from KY3) being there.

7. Speaking of my church...another great weekend where over 100 people gave their lives to Jesus. That's awesome!

8. Sometimes it is strange the connections you learn you have to people you don't even know. Last year, I watched an online broadcast of a service from a South Carolina church. They showed a five minute video called Letter to Zac, which is a moving video about a young guy, dying from cancer, who writes his teenage self a letter. Last week, I found out that I know the man's father. He works for next door at the Baptist Bible Fellowship missions office.

9. Pray for Zac Smith in Anderson, South Carolina. Unless God provides a miracle to his cancer, he will not live much longer. He has a wife and three children.

10. To live is Christ and to die is gain. -- Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment