Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Ten

1. Everyone's a Monday morning quarterback, especially after the NFL Draft.

2. I would hate to be good enough to be the #1 draft pick, especially if you're a quarterback, because you always go to a crappy team.

3. I feel sorry for Sam Bradford. Hopefully, the St. Louis Rams can find an offensive line to protect him.

4. I have mixed feelings about the Kansas City Chiefs draft picks. They did need help on the defense, but at the same time, Matt Cassell got beat up last year at QB, because KC didn't have much of an offensive line.

5. This all reminds me of the movie "The Blind Side." If you haven't watched it, go rent it and bring it home. Good stuff.

6. My wife and I took the kids to Wilson's Creek National Battlefield Sunday. She and I haven't been there since our childhood. Not much has changed, but I do think the museum was smaller than the last time I was there.

7. I don't remember taking the tour through the battlefield as a child, but we went yesterday. My oldest son and I walked down Bloody Hill.

8. It's amazing to realize that Missouri was host to the third most battles in the Civil War.

9. It was also interesting to learn how the lack of good communications cost the Union the battle, and also prevented the South from holding onto their victory. But, such was the way of the mid-1800s.

10. I can't wait for warmer weather. Must grill again!

No comments:

Post a Comment