Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Ten

1. Today's Monday Ten has been delayed due to some issue with Blogger. But, it's back, and so am I. So, here's the remaining nine.

2. It was two years ago today that my middle son found salvation in Jesus Christ. We're going to celebrate that tonight.

3. We're also celebrating life, because my wife and my two youngest kids were in a violent, roll-over crash two years ago today. The boys walked away, but my wife had three tendons sliced on her right hand, and sustained numerous other injuries. She's mostly healed, but still deals with problems in her hand, and the after-effects of the concussion.

4. Our lives turned up-side-down that night, but the life changes that resulted have been positive. My wife has made sure of that.

5. She determined to accomplish something before the 2nd anniversary of that crash. She wanted to learn sign language or playing the piano, but those are difficult with out the use of the right hand. Instead, she learned how to swim. I'm proud of her.

6. Last night, my youngest son started asking how Jesus can live in your heart. That is very encouraging to know that we could soon all be headed to Heaven after our lives end on earth.

7. Our church is participating in the One Prayer campaign this month. This past weekend we watched a sermon from Lifechurch.tv's Craig Groeschel about Unstoppable Courage. Very good!

8. This past weekend was also promotion weekend at North Point Church, which meant that my oldest child left my class and entered the Middle School area. He got to join us for the 2nd service on Saturday nights. He was very excited to go to "big church."

9. Promotion weekend also meant I gained a lot of new kids moving into the 4th grade. It's time to show them who's boss.

10. Finally, I won't be teaching that class this weekend. I have been asked to preach at the First Free Will Baptist Church in Mountain Grove this Sunday. Looking forward to talking about personal convictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment