Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Ten

1. Wiring projects are not fun. They're great once they are completed, but today at my employer, we are running audio wire for the third time this summer. It's a long project, and ceiling tiles plus insulation are not fun when they fall on your head.

2. The NFL season is under way. My fantasy football team isn't faring very well for the first week. I need a huge night from San Diego's Phillip Rivers in order to beat my boss in our head-to-head matchup.

3. I love NFL games, but only really if my teams are playing well. The St. Louis Rams showed lots of promise on Sunday. Tonight, we find out if Kansas City can muster some offense.

4. This past weekend was a busy one for me and church.

5. On Saturday night, I taught the 4th and 5th grade kids in our new Zone 45 environment. It was very cool. Plus, I had three other adults with me, so crowd control was easy.

6. I returned Sunday to train as an usher. I'm trying it out for a month to see if it is a good fit.

7. This could be one of the toughest decisions I've ever made about serving in church. I would likely be giving up something I really enjoy for an opportunity I'm not totally sure about. Praying about that one.

8. This Wednesday morning, I start a new men's connect group through our church (North Point). I'm starting with just three guys (myself included). Most guys aren't interested in a Bible study before going to work. Personally, I'd rather do it in the morning instead of using up family time. I think it'll grow with time.

9. I love serving people through my church. Serving through your local church can be one of the most enjoyable opportunites you'll be able to experience. Plus, it can make an eternal difference.

10. People have all sorts of gifts and abilities. If you're a Christian, you should be using them through the work of your local church to serve other people, especially those that don't know Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment