Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Ten

1. OK, so last week passed and I didn't get those posts up about the Influence Conference. Life happens. I will effort to get those up this week.

2. I had one of the best Zone 45 classes ever at church this past Saturday night. Two boys asked Jesus into their lives. That totally rocked!!! Way to go God!!!

3. Last week, I felt God prompting me to offer an invitation during my class. I was so pumped going into my class that it was actually hard focusing on the lesson.

4. Last week, I also felt burdened that a lot of the kids in my class didn't know their Bibles very well. I was concerned, too, that some may not even have Bibles. As a result, we gave four new Bibles to kids who needed them. And, we will soon be starting a program to teach the children the books of the Bible, and how to find stuff in them.

5. I volunteer with some of the best people you could find to work with in church.

6. A lot of people are intimidated at the thought of working with kids. I have taught adults and elementary kids. My experience is that the kids are easier to teach. Adults come into classes with a life full of junk. Kids are just kids.

7. I have seen several people volunteer to teach kids, but after a few weeks they give up, thinking that children are too hard to handle in class settings. The truth is that you have to spend time with them before they understand what you expect out of them. Sure, they have their rowdy moments, but that's where you have your bluff moments.

8. Saturday night was the first time I had any children accept Christ in class. I'm hoping this is the beginning of God doing some amazing things.

9. I almost talked myself out of giving an invitation Saturday night. Things weren't going as I had planned during the class, and I was running short on time. But, I knew God wanted the invitation to be offered, so I made time at the end of class. Now, Heaven will have two more occupants.

10. Finally, I heard about a girl who attended our church this past weekend. My understanding is that this was her first visit to any church. After attending her first-grade class, she summed it up by exclaiming, "I love this place!"

No comments:

Post a Comment