Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Ten

Another great weekend is in the books. Let's review:

1. It's vacation time around the radio station. I'm actually on the job, but last week and this one finds us short on staff.

2. Everyone is needing a break before October. I think we have a big event scheduled for each week in October at the station: Pregnancy Care Center's Walk 4 Life, Mount Vernon's Apple Butter Makin' Days, KWFC Day at the Great Passion Play, and the annual Pastors' Appreciation Luncheon.

3. Over the weekend, I was asked to name one thing that most people don't know about me. I could have easily said that radio people don't make near the money that everyone thinks we do.

4. The one thing I listed is .... Sorry, it's a secret.

5. I don't like making decisions, because it seems lately that every decision I make is a big one. I made another big one at church this past week, but it'll be a good one.

6. I was faced with the option of staying with my kids class and moving to the ushering team. Fortunately, I was able to make a win-win decision. I am keeping my Saturday evening kids class, AND joining the Sunday morning ushering team.

7. I attended a great leadership conference last Thursday, and got to hear from speakers like Anne Jackson, Jon Acuff, Tony Morgan and more. There was plenty of good info pertaining to influence that came from that day.

8. This week, I'll be sharing some of the insights learned from the Influence Conference.

9. Last Wednesday morning, I launched a new men's Bible study group. I'm excited about that.

10. My wife has her birthday next month. She got very excited last week when I told her what we were doing for her special day. Sorry, it's a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment