Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Book Review: The Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley

Our destination in life doesn't just occur by accident. That's the gist of this book by Andy Stanley, the pastor of North Point Community Church based in Alpharetta, GA.

Andy draws from a lifetime of experiences, his own and those of his acquaintances, to point out that the paths we choose always lead to a certain end. He suggests that if we can consider the destination we want to arrive at, we can then choose the right path to get there.

For the longest time I have wanted to get my hands on some of Andy Stanley's material, primarily for its leadership value. However, this book isn't really packed with leadership insight. Instead, this book's value comes in pointing out what seemed to be the obvious. I think most people will read this book and easily recognize the truths that Andy brings forth. The challenge is to accept the truths and live by them.

Being 35-years-old, I found myself wishing this book had been handed to me 17 years ago as I left high school. The high schooler and college student is best suited for this book. The older you get, the less interesting this book becomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment