Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Twittering Church

One day I plan on pastoring a church. That's what God has called me to do. An idea I'm toying with is something that has become commonplace at conferences all over the world...Twitter.

I attended a church leadership conference earlier this year and attendees were encouraged to tweet their notes and speakers' comments as they listened.

So, I'm wondering how that would go over in church? It's been rather taboo to be using your cell phone or laptop during a church service, but I'm thinking that it might be rather cool to allow the congregation to tweet their thoughts, the message points, etc. during a service.

Tell me what you think?

1 comment:

  1. Scott tweets the services every week. The few people that know were not that postitive, BUT this past Sunday there was a family that was sick and they were able to follow the key points of the sermon because Scott was tweeting them. You should ask him about it. Rachel T

    ReplyDelete