Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday's Ten

I'm going to try and start a new feature for Monday's on this blog. Monday's Ten will be ten things on my mind, about me or about you. I'm not sure where we'll end up, but it'll have a ten-count to it. So, let's go...in no particular order.

1. I love my wife and kids. I know it's a shock, but I really do.

2. I going to start exercising. I need to lose a lot of weight in order to do a lot of things I want to do.

3. I really love my church. I've been in good churches in the past, but really discovered spiritual freedom when my family started attending North Point Church in 2004.

4. Spiritual freedom isn't about music or preaching styles. It's all about attitudes and atmosphere. At NPC, your life history is irrelevant. Your future is what is relevant.

5. A majority of people who attend NPC go there because they have been either burned or burned out by churches that focus inward, play political power games and scorn people who don't have a plastic "Sunday smile."

6. God called me into full time ministry three years ago.

7. I am planning on pastoring a church.

8. That church will do great things in Jesus' name, not my name.

9. I have applied for the lead pastor position at a local church. I'm totally jazzed about the prospect of leading this church if chosen to be it's pastor.

10. I went to NPC today and realized that it will be difficult to leave the best church I have ever been a part of when the day comes for our next step in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment