Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Ten

This is Thanksgiving week. Here are ten things I'm thankful for

1. I'm thankful that Jesus took what I deserve, and died on a Roman cross to provide salvation for my family and I. (psst...He did the same for you, too, so accept that free gift.)

2. I'm thankful for God's protection on my family. This has been a difficult financial year for everyone, yet God provides through the good times and the bad.

3. I'm thankful I have a job. It's been a challenging and fearful year for many who lost their jobs. For those who lost their job, I know you have to put food on the table, but I'd encourage you to dream some dreams and work them out.

4. I'm thankful to be working in Christian radio. There was a time this year that I wanted out. But, my wife is encouraging me to take a different approach to life, and now I'm thankful. Still trying to work out my dream, though.

5. I'm thankful for North Point Church. My wife and I started going there five years ago, and it's one of the best things that has ever happened to us. I never knew "church" could do what this place is doing for Jesus.

6. I'm thankful 2009 is about over. Aren't we all?

7. I'm thankful my wife's medical treatment on her injured right hand is over, and the insurance settlement is being processed. I don't envy anyone who has to go through that stuff. It isn't easy on the injured person or her family.

8. I'm thankful we haven't captured the swine flu. A lot of people have, but we're doing what we can to avoid it...and that does not include a flu shot.

9. I'm thankful for our military. They're in places I don't want to ever go or danger I won't ever want to face. I have a deep respect and love for all of you.

10. Finally, I'm thankful for quiet times. Life is loud, obnoxious and difficult. Peace and quiet help us to reflect and process what's going on in our lives, and gives us a chance to connect with our God. I think God meant for it to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment