Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday's Ten

1. I'm starting a new blog series today that should run through Friday. It's a bit abstract, and each day's entry is a short, easy read. I hope it makes us think.

2. I had a very interesting weekend of church. Halloween night, I taught the 4th and 5th grade boys and girls, then we all went on a hay ride. I came back Sunday morning to catch the message (on the advice of my wife who had heard it Saturday night).

3. North Point Church's ImpACT outreach program is one-year-old this month. The program seeks to combat four spiritual giants: Poverty, Illiteracy, Disease and Spiritual Emptiness.

4. Pastor Tommy announced that the next phase of expansion for NPC would be in the form of a video campus. I'm totally excited about this prospect. I believe video campuses are the best thing to hit churches in a long time.

5. I took a three-day weekend to spend with my wife and kids. We had a blast trick or treating Saturday night. Then, Sunday, I raked the leaves in our front yard into one big pile for the boys to jump and play in.

6. I almost jumped in myself, but didn't want to be picking leaf flakes out of my hair and clothing the rest of the day.

7. I entered the Sunday determined not to shave my face until the Kansas City Chiefs won another game. I aborted that plan when I realized they were on their bye week. I should've gone for the St. Louis Rams. They won...finally.

8. I am determining to become more disciplined.

9. My first step in becoming more disciplined is two-fold: a) re-organize my office (a recent staff change has thrown it into chaos), b) lose weight (I really need to get into shape. I'm okay, but that's not good enough).

10. My wife and I missed out on the time change's extra hour. We stayed up until after midnight (Daylight) talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment