Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ideas and Dreams

Last week, I eluded to working on an idea that could have an impact on our communities. I'm no where close to disclosing what it is, or even if it will actually happen. But, I am still exploring it.

One of the major factors that I'm working through is whether or not God is encouraging this on me, or if it's just my dream. To me, that has to be a key factor in deciding whether to go ahead with the idea or not.

If it just impacted me alone, the decision would be a lot simpler. I can handle a success or failure if only I am impacted. But, a decision that has the potential to impact several or many people isn't that simple.

In my case, this idea could potentially impact entire communities. Hence, the desire for God to be the inspiration for it. For I know that if God is behind this idea, it will be a success. If it's just my idea, it might be a success in certain circles, but not the ones that will make the impact this dream is seeking.

Prayer and patience. That's where I'm at until God gives me a green or red light on the idea.

What about you? Ever had any ideas that you had to wait on God before making the big move? Share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment