Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Ten

Here we go with the final ten of 2009.

1. Rebekah and I were talking last night and agreed that 2009 is ending up to be a much better year for us than 2008 was. 2008 was disastrous, but 2009 is ending on a high note.

2. That, of course, means that we're excited about 2010. We're anticipating some great things happening in the early part of the year...like being debt free. Big time WOOT for that.

3. That all being said, 2009 is ending a lot differently than I had pictured just a couple of years ago. I had originally pictured myself doing something completely different than what I am still doing today. On a side note, by the end of next year I might be doing something completely different than what I had thought I would be doing. Sound confusing?

4. My wife informed me last night that she doesn't do resolutions anymore. They're just a waste of time. I kind of agree, but I am going to make one resolution for 2010...become more disciplined. That should take care of all the other things I could resolve to do.

5. I'm brainstorming an idea that could revolutionize the way churches interact with their communities. I'm going to be taking come input from area church leaders to see if this idea stands a chance. The biggest obstacle I foresee is "denominational separation." In other words, churches in different Christian denominations just don't like to work together. We have to get past this if we are ever going to change our communities for Jesus.

6. White Christmases are over-rated, especially when you (a) don't get as much snow as had been forecast, and (b) it's too cold to go outside and enjoy the snow. On that note, it's a shame snow couldn't be on the ground in 45 degree weather.

7. I love the start of new years. If my birthday weren't in April, I think January would be my favorite month. There's just something refreshing about the start of a new year. We have a chance to do a year all over again...only different.

8. I also love the end of years, because the holidays can be fun, especially if you have children. However, this week between Christmas and New Years is rather anti-climatic. It's almost as if the calendar makers many centuries ago knew that people would someday need a week of nothing just to recover from all the Christmas gatherings.

9. I won't be getting plastered on New Years Eve. In fact, I don't drink alcohol. I like to remember what I did the night before, and not spend a holiday with a hang over. But, for those of you who get your kicks that way ... CHEERS and some aspirin!

10. Finally, I've referenced this already, but I'll put the question to you. Did your 2009 end up as you had planned it to be back in January? If not, it's most likely because you didn't plan your year out. As we head into 2010, why not take some time to map out your path through the year. You can fill in the details later, but I would encourage you to set some goals for the upcoming year. Maybe it's a trip you would like to take. Perhaps it's pounds you want to shed. Maybe it's a career you want to change. Maybe, just maybe, it's a God-sized task that the Almighty has been prompting you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment