Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Life Chapters: One Ends, One Begins

You have heard the expression "chapters of life?" Well, I'm experiencing the end of one of those. As of yesterday, I am no longer an ordained minister.

This decision has been several months in the making, and was based on a continual set of walls that popped up in front of plans that I was making to start and pastor a church. I have struggled to release this chapter of my life, but decided to end it, because I sense God is moving me in a different direction.

Part of me feels that the past three years have been a waste as I worked toward obtaining my ordination papers. But, as I survey that time period, I have come away with some valuable lessons. Here are just a few:

  • Ministry must maintian God as it's focus. Difficulties arise when it becomes focused on you and your ego.
  • It isn't easy for a public figure to let go of their ego in order to serve God, but it is necessary.
  • Always listen to your spouse.
  • Even though one dream dies, God still has a mighty plan for you.

And, that last point brings me to a new chapter in my life. I'm not totally sure where this is leading, but I believe that God is imprinting a new burden on my heart. When He called me to full-time ministry, it was with the instruction to change lives. The ideas that swirl through my head would accomplish that, and probably more than a single church plant ever could.

Additionally, the closing of the pastoral chapter of my life is going to allow me to become even more involved in the church my family attends now. I really love North Point Church, and am extremely excited about our future there.

Thank you to everyone who supported us over the past couple of years. I trust that you will continue to pray for us as we move forward in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment