Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Ten

1. I am on vacation this week. I'm way overdue for one.

2. I'm taking a week and a half off. I've never taken this much time off.

3. This week of vacation emcompasses my youngest son's 4th birthday (yesterday) and my 15th wedding anniversary (Thursday).

4. I am slightly fearful this week. I typically take a week of vacation around my anniversary. But, the past four or five years I have ended up with the flu for my anniversary. Hence, the fear.

5. People keep asking me what my plans are for our vacation. "Where are you going?" is the most common question. The most common answer is, "No where."

6. The thing I'm going to enjoy most about this vacation is having nothing to do with my place of work. It's not that I don't enjoy my work, but the past three months have been some of the most stressful. An event back in October caused me to cancel a planned vacation that month. So, I'm going to enjoy this time off.

7. One of the things I'm missing at the radio station this week is our Great Christmas Giveaway. Check it out and enter. You don't even have to listen to win. There are lots of great prizes.

8. I am in the process of ending one dream, but am starting to dream a different one.

9. I am moving much more carefully on this new dream. I want to be sure it's what God wants before leaping in full steam.

10. Church services this past weekend were tremendous. I had a great time Saturday night teaching the 4th & 5th graders, then came back for the service on Sunday. North Point Church's music is the bomb, creativity is always a thrill and Pastor Tommy is the cat's meow. This weekend saw the largest non-Easter attendance of over 4300, and 65 people gave their lives to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment