Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Ten

1. Had a very good weekend. Saturday night church was great, and got a lot of things done around the house on Sunday.

2. We met up with a friend at church Saturday night that we had not seen in several years. I probably came off as a bumbling idiot, because I didn't recognize her. She had colored her hair, and had a few other changes since my wife and I last saw her. After she said "Hi" to me, I had to apologize to her for not remembering her name. In reality, I remembered the name, just wasn't ready for the new look. My wife had a similar experience, only not as embarrassing.

3. The phrase "any given Sunday" proved incredibly accurate this weekend. Who would've thought that both the Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals, who had hot offenses last weekend, would have their hats handed to them this weekend? And, who would've thought the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! would be a win away from the Superbowl? This is turning out to be a great post-season in the NFL...unless you're a Cowboys fan.

4. My wife is about to get me a late Christmas gift...golf clubs. I need a new set. My starter set just doesn't cut it.

5. Rebekah's Christmas gift (new stove) arrived a couple of weeks ago. She baked cookies in it for the first time over the weekend. Very nice.

6. This past week, my four-year-old son told my six-year-old son, "We'll teach you how to burp!" As a parent, how do you respond to that?

7. The radio station I work for, KWFC, is getting geared up for something new and exciting. February 5th kicks off the KWFC concert series. It features Three Bridges and Chris Hester. I'm excited about it, mostly because I get to hang with Chris. He's a great guy. I'm trying to talk him into coming to church with me that Saturday night. It'll rock his world.

8. I was talking with an artist recently, and we both agreed that overproduced music is not a good thing. We both prefer real and authentic, as opposed to computer-corrected.

9. Does anyone remember synthesizers and midi-keyboards? Some are still around today, or have their functions built into electronic keyboards. They should have a sledge hammer taken to them. Seriously.

10. It's MLK day. I'm a little saddened by two things this day:

  • The first is the governmental calls to service. There's nothing wrong with volunteering, but I think we're kinda missing the message that Dr. King taught us.
  • The other thing that saddens me is the rash of racial jokes I hear coming from some white folks regarding people of other color. Do you really think they're funny? Huh?

10a. Oh, and while we're on the subject of race, I often times get upset over the reverse discrimination junk that goes on in our culture. The white man has caught the brunt of this lately. I think what ticks me off the most is that we can't just all be people, the political correct movement forces us to see retribution by punishing other people. That's just plain wrong. Punishing people today who had no part in yesterday's offenses only maintains the cycle of hatred. God views us all equally. We should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment