Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Ten

1. My family has been dealing with head colds all this week. I hate being sick, especially with a head cold, because it messes with my voice. Radio people dealing with vocal cord issues is not a good thing.

2. I should be getting the last of my tax information this week. Time to get prepped on all the paperwork. Does anyone really like tax time?

3. Saturday night church services at North Point were very good. The KidPoint (elementary) are had 100 kids for the 5 p.m. service. That's the most we've ever had on Saturday night.

4. I felt a little guilty, because I had only eight 4th/5th grade boys during that service while others had 15-25. But, my eight boys were extremely well behaved, with was probably more amazing than the 100 kids.

5. This is going to be my last week hosting the late afternoon show. I switch to a different time slot next Monday. My wife is happy, because I'll be getting home earlier.

6. I'm a little disappointed in this week's weather. I had some outdoor work planned at the house back when the forecast called for sunny and 40s. But, that's up in the air now that we probably won't get out of the 30s, and expect a wintry mix of precipitation.

7. I had some good responses to last week's posts on tithing. Tithing is really a no brainer, but we do have to train our brains to not be so selfish with our resources.

8. The fiance of one of my best friends just got back from Haiti. She works for an adoption agency, and brought back 15 Haitian children to complete adoptions here in the U.S.

9. The great need in Haiti will gradually fade from the headline news, but the need will still be there for a very long time. You can still help by contributing to the Convoy of Hope.

10. I have heard very good reports from churches in the Springfield area who have raised tens of thousands of dollars to donate to the Haiti relief effort. Way to go Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment