Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monday Ten ... Or Maybe Tuesday's Version

So, vacation-head can play tricks on a person, especially when it comes to blogging. So, instead of Monday, here's Tuesday's Ten.

1. Spring Break vacations are awesome. I think this was the first time I have taken spring break off. It allowed me to spend a lot of time with my wife and kids.

2. I'm glad spring has finally arrived. Now, we'll only get snow every three weeks.

3. The local mall has an 18 hole "glow" mini golf course. For $8, you get to putt in the dark. To make up for the insane price, they let you go through the course three times. Seriously, who wants that much mini golf in a cave? I'll take the $2 18 hole outdoor course any day...except snowy first days of spring.

4. Got to split a day with the folks last week. Our boys had a lot of fun at each set of grandparents.

5. Spent Friday in Branson at the Landing. I didn't think a person could spend all day in a giant strip mall, and still have a good time, but we did it.

6. My wife thinks I carry a lucky charm with me when we go shopping. I always seem to find the parking spot up close to the entrances. It's a gift.

7. Vacation was great, but it's also good to be back at work.

8. We had our first experience with tragedy last night. One of our two cats was killed by a neighbor dog. The boys were very sad.

9. Sad boys are hard to comfort, especially with the first loss of a pet. As a parent, there isn't much you can do.

10. On a brighter note, we now have Obamacare. Oh wait, now I'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment