Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Ten

1. I had a great opportunity to use my new golf clubs this weekend. The weather was wonderful...finally.

2. I chose not to use my new golf clubs, because I chose to spend Saturday and Sunday doing yard work and playing outside with the family. That's probably better than golf anyway.

3. The weather was so nice on Sunday that I cracked open the grill and cooked some burgers and hot dogs for lunch. Few things are as tasty as the year's first charcoal cooked foods.

4. Had a good night at North Point Saturday night. Attendance was down in KidPoint, but that was probably due to the nice weather.

5. By the way, if you've never tried Saturday night church, I'd suggest giving North Point Church a try. You're not doing anything on Saturday night anyway. Plus, you get to sleep in on Sunday.

6. Earthquakes...Earthquakes...Earthquakes.... In recent days, we've had big ones in Haiti, Japan, Chile, Taiwan and now Turkey. I know earthquakes are common, but we've had some sizable large ones in recent days.

7. I'm not certain of any connection, but Jesus said in Matthew 24, "Don’t let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come." Connection or not, Christ's words about earthquakes certainly make you wonder.

8. The Bible in a very interesting book. Murder, espionage, betrayal, creation, destruction, deceit, immorality and redemption. And, that's just the book of Genesis.

9. The national tournament of the NCCAA Division II begins Tuesday. KWFC will be broadcasting the games Baptist Bible College will be playing. In my 15 years of working for the station and college, this is the first time they've been in the national tournament, so it's kind of exciting.

10. By the way, I'm the current Singing News magazine Golden Mic award recipient. The month of March is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment