Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Ten

1. Today, I have Post-Easter Fatigue. PEF occurs when an individual volunteers a lot to help make the Easter services at his/her church happen.

2. I can only imagine what pastors go though.

3. Speaking of Easter...services at North Point Church were tremendous. Over 9800 people attended the 13 services at our two campuses. More than 200 people gave their lives to Jesus. That never gets old.

4. The Easter services put me in a volunteer area I had never been before...the parking lot. Hundreds of cars loaded with church-goers passed by as my team and I directed them to their parking spots.

5. I only almost got run over once. That was by a friend who was just teasing. I told him he was the wrong kind of person to come to NPC.

6. That was an inside joke based on an actual event that happened earlier in the week at the church.

7. Someone called the church office to complain about a mailer that had gone out promoting our Easter services. The caller warned the church that the stuff we do will attract the wrong kind of people.

8. The wrong kind of people...that made me laugh and cry. Laugh, because it's funny that someone would tell a church that. Cry, because it's very sad that someone would think that the church should exclude certain types of people.

9. Jesus died on a cross for EVERYONE, not just those who fit a certain mold. He rose from the grave to demonstrate the power of God, and to win the battle over death, Hell and the grave.

10. Yes, our band did perform an Ozzy Osbourne song as part of the Easter performance. Let's just say, it was included as part of the demonstration of Christ's crucifixion. BTW, in the end, God won, Satan lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment