Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Ten

1. KWFC kicks off our annual spring fundraiser today. Raising $49,000 for much needed improvements.


2. April is here. The month of my birth. Excited.


3. I'm finishing up Steven Furtick's book "Sun Stand Still." Expect a review later this week.


4. For those wanting an update, I'm still brainstorming the concept of writing a book this year. The pieces are swirling in my gray matter. Soon, they'll start to organize into coherent thoughts.


5. If I write a book, I'll give the first review of it. I promise to be brutal.


6. One of the cool things about being a reviewer is being able to give constructive criticism.


7. My day job has allowed me to constructively help several singing groups as they strive to get better at what they do.


8. That has translated into better music hitting the radio, which translates into better listenership.


9. Better music makes everybody happy...except for people who don't like music.


10. Tomorrow is election day in our community. We have initiative petition ballot items to restrict smoking in public and alcohol sales in theaters. Believe it or not, I'm against both measures. Both infringe on the rights of citizens and businesses. And, the smoking issue is next to impossible to enforce. It doesn't mean I support smoking or alcohol. It means that I don't support more government intrusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment