Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Ten

How 24 hours changes what a guy will blog about.

1. Osama bin Laden is dead. Justice has been served.

2. Proud today of our men and women serving our country. You have done well, and will continue to do so.

3. Elsewhere, a little sunshine is good for the soul. Thursday and Friday were so nice that it made a chilly Sunday hard to bear.

4. Speaking of that chilly Sunday, I was re-assigned yesterday from usher leader to leading the outdoor parking lot team. Yesterday was a cold and wet way to start my new assignment.

5. All but two of the guys on my new team are rookies. It'll be fun getting to know new faces as we train and grow together.

6. It was a bit sad to leave ushering. I went through the same thing when I left teaching kids at the beginning of the year. But, that's how leadership goes.

7. I enjoy leading people, helping to develop their talents, and working together to put a plan into action. Helping people help you succeed is very rewarding.

8. One of the lessons I'm learning about leadership is that it is more about building a relationship with people than it is telling them what to do.

9. Talked to a friend of mine who pastors a church. They are a traditional church that wants to add a contemporary service. It was good to share some ideas. I'm excited for the opportunities they have.

10. On a lighter note, today I am going shoe shopping. I have finally worn out my dress shoes. When the rain water seeps through the bottom of them, it's time to find some replacements.

No comments:

Post a Comment