Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Ten

1. This week's forecast, Sun and 95, 94, 94, 92 & 92. It's going to be miserable outside.

2. We had a great time picnicking with our fellow Kid Point volunteers from North Point Church on Saturday. There are a lot of great people that give of their time to invest in a bunch of kids.

3. Speaking of teaching minds full of mush, teaching 4th and 5th graders is a lot easier than most people realize. It just takes determination to stick with it, and build relationships; enough bluff that they think you might just pin them to the wall; enough caring that you'll never actually do that; and enough vision from God to see that someday these youngsters will be our leaders.

4. The weekend of "fun" ended early for us. We got a call during church that my mother-in-law was being brought to the ER. Fortunately, it was nothing too serious. She went home Sunday.

5. I have golf fever. Anyone who has played golf, even if just two or three times a year, gets golf fever.

6. This longing for the links is being fueled by a scramble round at Branson Creek last week for the Cardinals Care pro-am. We didn't get close to winning, but had a lot of fun. I probably lost a dozen balls, but its all good.

7. I followed that up the next day by hitting the driving range. Hopefully, I can trim down those lost balls.

8. I didn't look to see how much it costs to play Branson Creek until after the pro-am. I nearly passed out at the $90 charge. I enjoy golf, but it can be an expensive sport.

9. We're two weeks away from KWFC's day at the Ozark Empire Fair. I'm interested to see our grandstand show with Signature Sound. I have never seen them live before.

10. It's going to be a busy work week. Let's get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment