Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Ten

1. A three-day holiday weekend can only be beaten in likability by taking the whole week off. That's what I should've done.

2. Had a great Independence Day weekend. Three straight days full of stuff. Now, it's back to work to recover.

3. Saturday was extra special. My two oldest boys were baptized at church. Visit my wife's blog to learn more.

4. My folks visited North Point Church for the first time Saturday. It was loud, explosive and a lot of fun. And, that was just guest speaker Herbert Cooper. I'm glad my folks got earplugs.

5. There is a home in a nearby subdivision that, for the last three years, has held their own fireworks display. The 20-30 minute show is always fun to watch, and it's a secret to most of Springfield.

6. "I Love America" was a huge success again this year. Over 100,000 people sat in a field on the east side of Springfield to enjoy the fireworks and entertainment. Around 250 people also gave their lives to Jesus. That makes ILA more than worth the cost.

7. ILA was nearly upstaged by a fireworks display in a nearby subdivision. That thing went on for nearly 45 minutes, and was non-stop, high-quality fireworks.

8. I ran into the morning guy from The Wind at ILA. We had been golfing together at Highland Springs a few weeks ago. Aaron's a nice guy.

9. My wife, kids and I set off the last of our explosives last night. We still have a ton of sparklers, though. This was the first year we've done any fireworks other than the little snap-pops. The boys loved it all.

10. But, they loved the snap-pops the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment