Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Ten

This Monday Ten is dedicated to people other than myself. Here we go:

1. Two kids from next door recently accepted Jesus into their lives. They were baptized yesterday. My wife and I are so happy for them.

2. My pastor delivered one of the best sermons about the Bible this past weekend. It will be posted here later this week.

3. My wife had a brilliant idea Sunday morning...a Dowden grillfest. Burgers, hotdogs, BBQ chicken were all offered to the smoke and fire of our charcoal grill.

4. My middle son is learning to ride a bicycle without the training wheels. He just started, so he's a little scared.

5. Today will be a somber one. Last week, a good friend and fellow radio veteran passed away suddenly. Today is Ben Birdson's funeral.

6. At KWFC, we relied on Ben's knowledge for a lot of things. He will be missed greatly.

7. Staying in the radio field, a good friend of mine, and my former boss, Dave Hutton won the August Golden Mic award from the Singing News. I worked with Dave at KCMG. He's now at KTTK.

8. One week from today will be KWFC Day at the Ozark Empire Fair. Our concert that night features Signature Sound. That's going to be fun.

9. This week promises to be cooler than the last two. That should allow a friend and I to hit the driving range. I enjoy being able to invest in other people.

10. The city of Branson has been voted the best small town vacation destination in the midwest. Sounds like a vacation spot for us in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment