Friday, January 14, 2011

The Great Racial Divide

Something amazing has happened over the past couple of years. It's something I never thought I would see in my lifetime.

For the past half century, America has been healing the racial division that dated back to the slavery days of our Union's history.

Yet, over the past couple of years, we have seen public figures do all they can to tear this wound open once again. The saddest part is that the biggest culprit has been our own President. If you're a fan of his, I'm not trying to make you mad. I'm just pointing out the facts.

On Monday, America will celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Let's recognize that we are all God's creation. The color of our skin has never and will never make any difference to Jesus. It shouldn't matter to us, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment