Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Ten

1. If you follow my blog much at all, you know by now that I love my church.

2. We are in the middle of a series called Whoopie-Cushion Life. While the series title carries a lot of levity, the messages do not. We've been dealing with addictions and overcoming them.

3. As an usher, it has been weird telling parents who bring their kids into service that the message is PG-13.

4. I talked to a staff member yesterday who said that the mailer that went out promoting the series has garnered a lot of angry calls from people who felt it was inappropriate for a church to do a series called Whoopie-Cushion Life.

5. But, over the first two weeks of the series, over 200 people have given their lives to Jesus. I guess off the wall stuff to get people interested in church DOES work.

6. Next week, my usher co-leader is on vacation, so I'll be heading the team in the last service at church. Don't come and cause any trouble, because I'll bounce you out.

7. Changing subjects: I'm not thrilled about this year's Superbowl. I was hoping for a Bears-Jets game in two weeks.

8. That being said, I'll be pulling for the Packers to best the Steelers. I really don't like the Steelers. I like them less than I do the Cowboys.

9. I am investing in a new home theater system. That has meant educating myself on all the nuances of electronic audio equipment. And I thought keeping up with computer technology was bad!

10. Every day when I sign off my radio show, I use the words from this blog, "People Matter To God," because I want my listeners to really think about that as the day goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment