Friday, May 14, 2010

Giving God 100 Percent: Part 4

Today, I'm concluding this personal tale of my walk through mediocrity. I have gone though some difficult times, all because I failed to give my best to God.

Three years ago, I made what I think was a critical error. I allowed human intellect to overtake God's wisdom. I slowly strayed from the path God had laid out. It wasn't intentional, but it did happen.

Looking back, I realize this was due in large part from my impatience. I should have waited for God to direct my next move. Instead, I short-circuited it with a plan that seemed reasonable. Had I been determined to make this ministry 100-percent about God, that never would have happened.

Lesson learned.

Today, I am retreating back to where I was before that critical mistake of three years ago. For the past year, my heart has been quiet. My heart has not been all that focused on God's plan for me. But, lately this is changing. I am finding myself back where I was, with a chance to do it right.

Recently, God has been placing a desire in my heart to preach about Jesus. There is an entire world out there that thinks they have it right, but they don't know Jesus.

Perhaps you've strayed from the path God has called you to walk. Go back to where you turned away, and start walking with Him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment