Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Ten

1. We had an interesting and good Mother's Day. I think my wife really enjoyed her time with the boys.

2. We took her out for breakfast. Plan A was too expensive and required reservations for their brunch buffet special that did more to celebrate their pocketbook than mom. Plan B was another buffet along the same quality as Plan A, but cheaper. My wife later admitted that she wasn't too thrilled with Plan B. Fortunately, slow traffic, a quick exit from the highway to get around it, and the suggestion from one of our boys landed us at Plan C. And, Golden Corral's breakfast buffet was a smash hit.

3. The mother of my boys also went with us to visit the local mall. Not overly exciting, I know, but it was too cool and windy to do anything outside.

4. While at the mall, I bought her a couple of books. Okay, one is for her, and the other is mine.

5. She got a book about stay-at-home moms, and I got the new Stuff Christians Like book.

6. I found out Saturday night that the author of Stuff Christians Like, and the blog by the same name, will be in Springfield later this year for a church conference.

7. The boss is back in the office after a trip to El Salvador. I'm sure there are plenty of stories to tell.

8. My boys are getting close to being out of school for the year. It's a bittersweet time. I'm glad they're excited about moving to the next grade, but it also means they're growing up quickly.

9. I like my kids. I know that seems like a no-brainer, but sadly a lot of folks out there don't really like theirs.

10. I'm contemplating a major change in my life. My wife and I are discussing it, and may pull the trigger soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment