Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Ten

1. I took today off from work. After the damp and dreary weekend, it was a good decision to take Monday off.

2. I spent part of my morning getting to know my new primary care doctor. He's a nice fellow, and a Christian. Sadly, he turns 64 this year. I hope he doesn't plan on retiring.

3. I gave blood to the doctor's vampire-nurse. It was all good, and I didn't pass out (which just about happened the last time I fasted and gave blood).

4. The good doc was able to give me a target weight to shoot for as I work to slim and trim my body into a lean, mean, fat-reducing, grill... oh, wait, that's George Foreman's line.

5. Speaking of George, I'm reading his book "Knockout Entreprenuer" at the moment. It is full of simple, good advice on life, business and relationships. I'll be writing a review and posting it soon.

6. I came across Foreman's fight with Evander Holyfield the other night on ESPN Classic. My wife isn't into boxing, so I recorded it, and will watch it with my boys later. They like fighting...although I'm not sure it's boxing that interests them.

7. Back on track. After the doc, I pulled the clubs and headed to a nearby driving range. Had the best wacking session ever. I think I'm going to like these new golf clubs.

8. Following that workout, I worked my buttocks off at the gym. Hey, I had the whole day, why not shed some pounds.

9. I have set a big goal to lose about 70 pounds (doctor's advice), build some muscle mass, and gain stamina. The goal has two parts: the first being a fall deadline for a local 5k run that I would like to enter. The second is the weight goal, which might take a year to do.

10. That all being said, the diet watch is ON. I'm not on a diet, necessarily, but I am watching what I eat and how much. My biggest weakness is eating too much of really good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment